Making Money from YouTube
4 years ago I started making YouTube videos while in my final year of medical school at Cambridge University. I started off with 0 views, 0 subscribers and $0 in revenue. I knew absolutely nothing about filming, editing or publishing videos, but I somehow managed to figure out the basics.
18 months later, my YouTube channel reached 100,000 subscribers and was making as much money as my full-time job working as a doctor in the UK.
Now in February 2022, my channel has over 2.7 million subscribers and makes over £100,000 ($130k) each month, with 5-10 hours of effort on my part each week. And that’s just what the channel itself makes from Adsense and sponsorships – our overall business revenue if you include courses, affiliates and products is over $350,000 per month. I know — it’s bloody ridiculous.
The Secret to 100,000+ Subscribers
Over the last 4 years, I’ve learned a lot about what it takes to build an audience from scratch, provide value consistently, and monetise in a non-spammy way.
I’ve spent over $30,000 in courses and coaching programs to try and find the secret sauce that helps grow a channel and a business.
And you know what? There’s no secret. It’s just a matter of:
- Creating content your target audience finds useful
- Posting it on YouTube once a week
- Repeating this for at least 2 years
That’s all it takes.
I personally guarantee that if you follow this 3-part formula, your life will change in ways you can’t imagine.
For starters, you’ll learn incredibly useful skills, you’ll generate ‘passive’ income, and you’ll make friends with amazing people from all over the world. You might even get messages from people about how your content’s changed their life.
But as with all things, getting started and maintaining quality + consistency is easier said than done.
The Challenges of Being a YouTuber
- It feels daunting to create videos for 2+ years. You won’t see much growth, or money, in the early stages.
- You’ll have to get over the fear of judgment from friends, family and strangers on the internet.
- You’ll have to work out what you’re going to talk about + why anyone would care what you’ve got to say.
- You’ll need to learn about cameras, microphones, lights, video editing and post-production.
- You’ll worry that you’re going to run out of ideas.
- You’ll be thinking about the YouTube algorithm, while also trying not to think about the YouTube algorithm.
- You’ll end up negotiating with brands and having to develop your own negotiation skills to do it.
And you’ll have to do all this (and a lot more) while juggling your job, relationships and health, and also doing your best to enjoy the journey and avoid burnout.
This is hard. It takes a lot of work.
But it’s also really fun, and if you can make it work, it’s genuinely life-changing.
The real “secret”, if there’s one at all, is that you need to build a SYSTEM around your content production, so that you can efficiently pump out useful content that grows your audience and revenue, without it taking up large amounts of your own time.
Instead of thinking of your YouTube channel as a personal project, you want to think about it like a machine. A machine that takes inputs in the form of ideas, refines them into valuable content that your audience loves, and efficiently monetises itself across multiple asset classes.
I’ve built such a system for my channel and business, and I can help you build yours.
The Part-Time YouTuber Academy
The Part-Time YouTuber Academy is a 6-week live online course from 14th March to 22nd April where I’ll teach and help you implement everything I know about growing your YouTube channel into a sustainable machine that churns out valuable content and generates healthy passive income. Without you having to quit your job.
During the 6 weeks, we’ll have a combination of live zoom lessons, open live Q&As, detailed individual feedback on your videos, exercises and tasks to help supercharge your YouTube journey while connecting and having fun with hundreds of other YouTubers on the same path.
The systems we’ve developed and teach on the course grew my own channel from zero to 2.7 million subscribers (with $1,500,000+ in annual revenue) while working full-time as a doctor. We’ve shared them with over 1,500 students in 4 Cohorts, resulting in fantastic results and glowing testimonials already.
By the end of the 6-week course…
- You’ll have kickstarted your YouTube channel (if you haven’t yet), with 6 published videos.
- You’ll have the next 3-6 months of content planned out, and a streamlined system to sustain this.
- You’ll be comfortable in front of a camera, with techniques to boost your charisma.
- You’ll get my recommendations for gear and studio setups for all budget levels, so you can level-up your production value while being focused on your content.
- You’ll know how to refine your niche, and you’ll have a system that ensures you’ll never run out of content ideas – The Idea Generation Machine.
- You’ll have a method (the HIVEs Framework) for structuring your videos in a way that appeals to your audience and to the YouTube algorithm.
- You’ll understand how to accelerate your growth by efficiently repurposing your content to multiple platforms with the Artery Method.
- You’ll understand the various monetisation options available to creators, and you’ll know how to use them to generate passive income.
- You’ll know the value of building a team as soon as you can, and you’ll have a roadmap for outsourcing your editing and hiring extra team members.
What You Get:
- High-quality classes to enable you to start a YouTube channel and monetize it before you get to 1000 followers
- Lifetime access to classes
- Access to all new classes that are added
- Assignments to help you start putting what you’ve learned into action
- Tutor support to get feedback on your scripts, videos, and ideas
See more details: https://ibusinesscourse.net/product/marina-mogilko-youtube-channel-from-idea-to-first-revenue/
Buy this course to owned a coupon up to 30% off: Cj9p1u56