Become a high-performing finance professional Information
For ambitious finance professionals who want to accelerate their FP&A career.
How would I describe this course in one sentence:
This is the course I would create for myself if I was going to teach the younger me all the secrets to be a successful finance professional.
Why you need to take this course:
- You are sick of your role in accounting and want to move to FP&A
- You are a new FP&A analyst but you don’t have access to appropriate coaching to improve your performance
- You are stuck in a routine and you feel you have hit a roadblock
- You don’t find appropriate resource online that can help you with improving your work
- You want to increase your salary
How you can benefit from my experience:
I have 14 years of experience working as a financial auditor for a Big 4 firm and having different finance leadership roles in a multi-national company.
During my career, I have trained, coached and managed more than 300 people on auditing, controlling, accounting, Excel and Powerpoint.
I share practical content on finance with more than 400,000 finance professionals on LinkedIn and more than 5,000 subscribers to my newsletter.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to analyse variances
- Analyse sales and margin variances, including product mix (PVM Method)
- Understand cost variances
- How to calculate project variances
- How to perform quick analysis
- Identify insights from raw data
- Link financial figures with operational data
- Learn how to make back-of-the-envelope calculations
- Headcount related KPI and analysis
- Understand how you can use variance, profitability and sensibility analysis to bring insights to your company
- Sales Forecasting
- How to make your reporting faster
- Find ways to simplify your reporting
- Automate your reporting
- Build a process to accelerate your reporting
- How to be a better business partner
- Understand the needs of your business partner
- Manage demand and deadlines
- Translate business events into financials
- How to make convincing finance presentations
- Storytelling with figures and charts
- How to make Excel and PowerPoint work for you
- The main Excel functions I use which make me more efficient
- Learn how to use the rights Charts in Excel
- Transform your slides into a visually attractive and convincing business presentation with a specific Powerpoint function
- Automate your presentations
Who is this course for?
- Any finance professional with the motivation to improve his/her soft and technical skills
- Finance professionals wanting to transition in a role with more analysis, forecasting and business partnering activities
- Students wanting to learn real world professional skills directly applicable to your next position in Finance
Living in 5 different countries across 3 different continents (France, USA, Luxembourg, Singapore and Germany) gave me the capacity to integrate myself quickly and understand different local and working cultures.
My 7 years’ experience as a consultant and auditor for a Big 4 company helped me develop a goal oriented mind-set as well as a high sense of commitment and responsibility.
Staying up to date with the recent trends and developing myself is a primary focus for me.
More courses from the same author: Nicolas Boucher