The Better Email On Accessibility Information
Learn how to create more accessible and inclusive email marketing programs that work for everyone through copywriting, design, and code.
The Better Email On Accessibility is your guide to answering that question for your own email program. It’s a comprehensive resource that digs into the best ways to make more accessible and inclusive email campaigns. Whether it’s strategy, copywriting, and using inclusive language or designing and coding for people with different abilities and assistive technology, The Better Email On Accessibility will walk you through the steps needed to keep your email programs accessible, inclusive, and compliant.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- Accessibility’s Importance: Make the case to your bosses (and yourself) for creating more accessible email campaigns.
- Inclusive Copywriting: Understand language’s role in making your subscribers feel included and your emails more understandable.
- Visual Design: Learn how to design emails that are easy to use for a wide range of users, especially those with visual disabilities.
- Coding for Everyone: Get the code examples and techniques needed to create accessible emails for subscribers and their assistive technology.
- Testing Approaches: Finally figure out how to test accessibility without breaking your workflow (or the bank).
- Resources & Tools: Discover some of the best resources and tools for keeping your emails accessible, now and in the future.
And here’s what you’ll get:
- An Expert Guide: A comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand, 120-page PDF guide that walks you through everything you need to know to create more accessible and inclusive email experiences for all of your users.
- Video Tutorials: 24 step-by-step video tutorials that explain and build on the concepts presented in the PDF guide. Stream online or download for offline access.
- Practical Examples: Realistic examples and illustrations of key concepts and clean, well-written code examples you can use in your own email marketing campaigns. Adaptable for any use-case.
I’m Jason Rodriguez. I consider myself a slightly jaded, somewhat pessimistic—but ultimately hopeful—tech worker.
I’m a marketing operations manager at GitHub and spend my time developing the systems and assets that enable us to communicate effectively with our customers, potential customers, and our wider community.
I publish The Better Email, a series of no-bullshit guides to email design and development—used by thousands of email professionals to create better HTML email marketing campaigns.
There’s a good chance you know me from my time at Litmus, where I taught people how to make better emails—typically through writing some wildly popular articles and ebooks and hosting more webinars, workshops, and conference talks than I can remember. For a few years there, I was responsible for producing and hosting Litmus Live—the industry-leading conference for email marketing professionals.
Before Litmus, I lived the agency life as an email and web designer. I’ve been in the industry for over a decade and have gained a thorough understanding and appreciation of the web and the technologies that power it. I’m an expert in HTML and CSS and a strong advocate for the open web, accessibility, and building inclusive communities online.
Along the way, I’ve written hundreds of thousands of words, including multiple self-published books and articles for industry publications like A List Apart and CSS-Tricks. I’ve been fortunate enough to travel around the world educating people about the web, email, and accessibility at conferences and workshops.
In my free time, I volunteer with the Livonia Democratic Club, where I currently serve on the Executive Board as the Digital Communications Coordinator.
I live in Michigan with my wife, two daughters, and a growing collection of musical instruments (mostly ukuleles and a few guitars).
More courses from the same author: Jason Rodriguez