The Art Of Strategic Freelance Consulting Information
The Art of Strategic Freelance Consulting is designed to empower freelancers with the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to navigate the challenges of freelancing and build a successful consulting practice.
Learn how to land better clients, charge higher prices, and build a practice around work you care about.
Freelancing is a crazy thing to do
Not only are you simply doing the work you get hired to do, but you are also a full-stack human. You are the marketer, accountant, sales director, accounts receivable department, research analyst, and CEO.
Do You Struggle With The Following Questions?
- #1 How to raise rates?
Grinding on the same work at the same rate is a recipe for burnout. Raising your rates is about more than money. It’s about raising your ambitions and giving you the space evolve.
- #2 When to send proposals?
Most consultants send proposals too soon. Instead make sure you are scoping a problem you want to work on and get buy-in before signing the contract.
- #3 How to deliver value to clients?
Too many freelancers share the nitty-gritty of their work. To develop long-term trust you need to put yourself in the client’s shoes.
My Belief: The Only Sustainable Strategy Is To Play The Long-Game
The only sustainable path for a freelance consultant over the long term is finding work that you are excited to keep doing.
The way to find this kind of work is not to take any project that comes your way but to develop a core set of skills that help you build confidence, increasingly shape the projects you want to work on, and build client relationships based on trust
Here’s what you’ll learn
- Learning how to have scoping conversations so you can uncover the “problem behind the problem”
- Learn when to send a proposal and how to think about the early interactions with the client
- Develop your digital footprint such that others know what you do and how to work with you
- How to develop standardized templates like proposals and check-in documents that enable you to build confidence with the client
- How to use consulting frameworks to communicate to clients and to develop your own internal services and offerings
More courses from the same author: Paul Millerd